Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 3:44:43 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. – Following historic flooding across south Louisiana, today DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson announced the establishment of regional transit services for communities in the greater Baton Rouge area.
“DOTD is compelled to expand the scope of our public service in communities across the area by establishing this regional transit service,” Secretary Wilson said. “We are committed to helping our impacted neighbors get back to a regular routine by offering this important service to and from Baton Rouge.”
Secretary Wilson made the decision to establish this transit service in an effort to restore Baton Rouge’s workforce, many of whom reside in neighboring communities outside of city and lost vehicles in the flood. The transitional bus service, provided under contract with Hotard, will run from downtown Baton Rouge to Gonzales, Walker, Denham Springs, Central, and Geismar. The initial contract is for one week, but could be prolonged if needed.
Bus stops are two downtown locations and the CATS transfer station at the corner of Florida Avenue and 22nd Street. For information on the bus service, Hotard representatives can be reached at 504-942-5725.
ALL ROUTES: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
Morning pick up
• Central: Central City Hall, 13421 Hooper Road, Central, 70818. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
• Gonzales: Tanger Outlet Mall (I-10 at LA 30), Tanger Boulevard, Gonzales, 70737. Leave 6:00 a.m.
• Walker: Winn Dixie 28145 Walker South Road, Walker, 70785. Leave 6:00 a.m.
• Denham Springs: Walgreens, (corner of Range and Florida) 101 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, 70726. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
• Geismar: Dutchtown Crossing, 13375 LA 73, Geismar, 70734. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
ALL BUSES ARE SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE DOWNTOWN AT 7:15 A.M. AND THE CATS TERMINAL AT 7:30 A.M.
Morning drop off
• Downtown Baton Rouge: (1) corner of Main Street and 4th Street and (2) corner of 4th Street and Florida Street
• CATS Transfer Terminal: – corner of Florida Street with 22nd Street
Afternoon pick up
• CATS Terminal: Leave at 5:15 p.m.
• Downtown: Leave at 5:30 p.m.
Afternoon drop off
Back to points of origin